false ceiling in kitchens is subject to regular temperature changes with high humidity. By choosing moisture-resistant pop ceiling design as the main material, you can retain its appeal for many years so you can realize the false ceiling in the kitchen in virtually every design project.
In addition, it is an excellent way to zoning in large areas. Pop ceiling design allows you to create multi-level structures, cascades, all sorts of curly shapes to describe the ceiling. The reviews about the ceilings of this material for kitchen premises are only positive.
Design false ceiling and material
Making an apartment in accordance with the concept of stylistics is not easy, because it requires creative solutions, professionalism, and a creative approach. Building materials to choose with the knowledge of technical characteristics and properties. Today's consumer is demanding and does not want to limit himself to an insignificant choice of false ceiling finishes, because the variety of modern building materials has a flight of fancy and invention.
As for the main types of finishes, there are several. They are divided according to the principle of used building materials. Each version of the design idea is endowed with its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on the size of the room, creative preferences, the height of the room. Even with a very small area among the many options, you can choose the best.
advantages and disadvantages the false ceiling
false ceilings are a modern solution, so some are still skeptical about them. Often they are credited with shortcomings that have arisen solely because of poor-quality installation.
If such a product is installed correctly, it will not only look beautiful and stylish but also have a number of significant advantages that can simplify the life of all household members.
- false ceilings are made from eco-friendly material manufacturing.
- Do not attract dust and do not allow the appearance of fungus and various microorganisms.
- They have a high resistance to ignition, making it ideal for the kitchen, especially if the household uses a gas stove.
- With careful handling can last more than twenty years, maintaining its color.
- Fit into any interior, thanks to an opportunity to choose the necessary color and invoice.
In addition, care for the false ceiling design is not more difficult than the windows - the surface becomes dirty very slowly and can be easily washed if necessary. A large number of positive properties and ease of care cause confidence in the tension models in many housewives.
Despite the impressive list of advantages, stretched canvases have some minor drawbacks:
- When the temperature difference between the ceiling and the tension fabric, swelling may appear on the surface. To avoid them, you need to carefully prepare the ceiling before installation, to ensure that there are no cracks.
- At least 5-10 cm takes the height of the room.
- High-quality European and domestic ceilings are made with a limited width, often in order to cover the entire room, seams are used. The seam is the most vulnerable part of the web; it is it that is most susceptible to damage.
- If the household uses a gas stove, the cooking process is complicated by a large increase in temperature in the room. In cold weather, this deficiency can be compensated with a slightly open window, but in the summer without air conditioning will be hard.
Each of these shortcomings is fully compensated during operation so the false ceiling can be an excellent choice for any modern kitchen.
How to choose a false ceiling design for the kitchen?
Models of tension cloths differ in appearance, type of coating and design. Thus, you can choose the perfect false ceiling for the kitchen of all sizes and designs.
Types of paintings
There are several common types of coating for the fabric:
- Glossy. Such a surface will reflect the light, thanks to which the whole room will seem much more spacious and lighter. Glossy ceilings are suitable for small, cramped kitchens in small apartments, especially if you choose a beige or milky white shade. To care for them, you need a microfiber cloth and a glass cleaner.
- Matt. Does not reflect the light, looks like a traditional ceiling with a putty, which is invisible remaining from the installation of the seams. This coating fits well into the room, decorated in a classic style. Great for creating a single-level ceiling in the kitchen.
- Satin It can be called the golden mean between matte and glossy coating, has a characteristic unobtrusive gloss. It reflects the light sufficiently to visually expand the room a little. The satin coating is unpretentious in the care, the surface is much easier to clean from soot and dust.
Less common stretch vinyl ceilings. They can hold back a large amount of water, which can save the interior from flooding if the neighbors have problems from above. However, vinyl suffers mechanical damage worst of all, the canvas requires more careful handling not only in operation but even during installation.
The two-level false ceiling in the kitchen
With this type of ceiling cover, you can easily hide the uneven ceiling or various pipes and wires.
The most common materials used to install a two-level false ceiling:
- tension canvas;
- batten ceilings;
- ceiling panels;
- noble stone
Wooden false ceiling 2019
Wood gives comfort and sophistication to the whole room. In addition, this material "breathes", which proves its high environmental friendliness.
- Keeps warm.
- An extra layer of sound insulation.
- Hides communication and wires.
- Aesthetic appearance.
- The main disadvantage of such a ceiling covering is that the wood does not tolerate moisture. And in her kitchen abound. But various impregnations for the ceiling will help to cope with this problem. They will save the tree from rapid decay.
- Most often the wooden false ceiling is used in country style, where wood creates a cozy homely atmosphere. A great option for those who love nature and a relaxed lifestyle.
- The cost of such a ceiling depends on the type of wood used, as well as the design. If you take an oak coffered ceiling, the price starts at one hundred and fifty dollars per square meter. Not everyone can afford such financial costs for ceiling coverage.
Which is better: glossy or matte ceiling?
For connoisseurs of gloss, it is better to choose a two-level ceiling for the kitchen.
Glossy ceiling with beautiful lighting can entice your beautiful reflection. In addition, this type of ceiling visually able to increase the kitchen, which is an excellent solution for a small room.
The matte ceiling still refers more to the classic type. One of its advantages will be the absence of visual joints of the ceiling covering. Also on the matte coating will not be visible dust. No wonder that it is mainly the matte surface that is chosen for the kitchen.
But for small kitchens also fit the combined ceiling. The use of glossy inserts on a matte finish visually makes the room more spacious and expressive.
After analyzing all the above information, everyone will be able to find the perfect option for a ceiling covering just for himself. You should not blindly chase fashion or succumb to the visual effect obtained from what you see in the next apartment or a beautiful picture on the Internet.
You can see also: Stylish kids room ceiling designs and ideas 2019
If you have not decided on the choice of material for the ceiling, then ask for help from experienced designers who will select an interesting and suitable design for your kitchen. You can also see photos of real ceilings in the kitchen, maybe after that, your inspiration will come to you.