false ceilings can be called the best option for the bathroom. The main advantage of such constructions is the possibility of masking the defects of the ceiling, pipes of various utilities and the ventilation system.
In most cases, the bathroom has a small area, so installing beautiful and three-dimensional structures here is not recommended. Best for this room is suitable single-ceiling or construction with small niches around the perimeter. This allows you to make the room taller and more spacious. It is very important to properly position the appliances for lighting the ceiling in the bathroom, these elements act as an additional decor.
false Ceilings in the bathroom must be resistant to the constant presence of moist air in the room, and the surface must be fairly easy to clean. Consequently, the material that is planned to be used for frame plating must meet these requirements.
Among the large number of materials for a false ceiling in the bathroom with your own hands, you can select several very suitable options:
- false ceiling with high moisture resistance. Such a ceiling can be called universal, however, when installing in bathrooms, additional coverage is required, thanks to which the water-repellent properties of the material can be enhanced. In this case, the use of paint, wallpaper or special moisture-proof film is allowed. Embedded lighting can be easily installed in drywall constructions. With proper operation and proper care, the pop ceiling design suspension system can be operated for 10 years.
- Plastic products. To create a hanging structure in the bathroom, you can use clapboard, slats or PVC panels. Unlike the previous version, plastic has less weight, so it is much simpler and easier to perform installation work using it. Products made of polyvinyl chloride can serve flawlessly for 15 years, as the material fully complies with the requirements that apply to ceiling structures in rooms with a critical humidity level.
- false ceiling designs also help decide what can be done with the ceiling in the bath and shower room. In the bathroom can be mounted fabric sheets or films of polyvinyl chloride. The average lifetime of the tension ceiling structure is about 15 years.
false ceiling design - advantages and disadvantages
Among the advantages of PVC canvases should be noted:
- Ability to retain water, elasticity. When flooded, high-quality vinyl is able to withstand up to 100 liters of water per 1 m². After removing the fluid, the ceiling is re-tensioned and suitable for further use.
- Resistance to pollution. To clean the PVC ceiling, you only need a sponge and plain water. More complex stains are removed with a liquid detergent. Then the surface is wiped with a microfiber cloth, in order to avoid stains or white bloom.
the easiest way to care for a glossy ceiling, but the matter will require more effort. However, shiny surfaces, when frequently washed, become dull and reflect light less well. In addition, they are more visible stains and water droplets.
- Diverse design. In addition to the three types of texture, PVC film pleases with a wide choice of colors and shades. It can be decorated with photo printing, including with a 3D effect.
- Health safety. Contrary to the existing opinion, high-quality polyvinyl chloride ceilings are non-toxic, and the characteristic smell of the new fabric quickly disappears.
- PVC film is easily damaged with a sharp object.
- The installation of the canvas is carried out only by specialists using a heat gun that heats the material, making it plastic.
- The insufficient width of the film (no more than 3 m) forces in rooms with a large area to combine several elements. The seam between them, even with a very neat spike, can be noticeable.
- Cracking at low temperatures. In country houses, where heating does not turn on in winter, it is better to refuse PVC film.
- Vinyl does not allow overlapping under it "breathe", which leads to the appearance of mold.
Design of false ceiling in the bathroom
The false ceiling design in the bathroom is one of the best solutions of modern times, because of its attractive appearance and remarkable characteristics, it is considered very popular. Moreover, his style and design performance are not limited to established canons and traditions, that is, using such a ceiling, you can create an original room.
Two-level false ceiling
To create stepped structures, pop design boxes are used with openings cut into them, which are tightened with PVC film. Two-level ceilings are suitable for bathrooms with a large area - with their help, various functional areas are distinguished.
In addition to playing volumes, color is used to create contrast. Often the false ceiling is decorated with a print.
The undoubted advantage of multi-level structures is an impressive design, the main disadvantage is the complexity of installation and high cost.
the false ceiling should not contradict the overall style of the bathroom, in harmony in color and shape with the other elements of the interior.
Lighting in the bathroom with a false ceiling
The alignment of the luminaires is planned before the installation of PVC-canvas. By existing standards, the lighting of the bathroom for a comfortable stay in it should be 200 lux.
Based on this value, count the number of ceiling lights, taking into account the fact that the PVC sheet melts from the high temperature and it is allowed to install light bulbs with a power not exceeding 40 watts.
bathroom - an area of increased risk, where flooding is possible, and the constant humidity carries a potential threat to electrical appliances. Therefore, it is necessary to choose lamps in the false ceiling with IP 7 marking - 8 units, which means the maximum degree of water resistance. They are protected against short circuit and corrosion, and also have a longer service life.