Amazing 3D wallpaper murals for living rooms in modern homes, The types of these 3D wallpaper designs, how to use them and how to apply 3D wallpaper for living room interior
3D wallpaper murals for the living room are characterized by good wear-resistance and they meet all fire safety requirements. They’re made from eco-friendly materials and air passes through them well, which allows them to be used even in kids rooms.
When you own a 3D wallpaper design, you shouldn’t be afraid of moisture, dirt, temperature drops or ultraviolet rays, and taking care of them won’t cause any trouble.
Most of the contaminants can easily be washed off with ordinary detergents or a simple soap solution. The service life of 3D wallpaper for living room walls exceeds 10 years, and over time they don’t burn out and don’t lose their original appearance.
Advantages of 3d wallpaper design
Popular 3D wallpapers with voluminous and realistic drawings have the advantages:
- a large selection of patterns allows you to choose the most appropriate option for the overall design of the living room;
- simple gluing technology, the possibility of independent work;
- volume images are printed in different sizes. You can stick several walls or one small area;
- They are made from high-quality materials; safe dyes are used to apply the pattern;
- can be used when zoning a room and to create a visual effect of expanded space, which can be seen in the photo;
- resistant to damage, abrasion, UV exposure, do not lose their initial appearance for a long time.
Canvas with three-dimensional patterns have all the qualities necessary for their quick gluing, easy maintenance and durability.
How to choose 3D wallpaper images, patterns, and colors
When choosing a 3d wallpaper pattern, take into account the color scheme of the overall interior, the lighting of the room. For small rooms, it is not necessary to choose colors contrasting walls and floors. It is better to prefer linen beige, milky, light gray.
Examples of wallpaper in pastel colors can be seen in the photo to the article. For large light rooms, there are no restrictions on the choice of color. Only take into account that when choosing paintings with the prevailing dark 3d wallpaper patterns, you should use light tones for the remaining walls.
If the windows of the guest room overlook the north side, then the bright warm colors of the drawings are preferable: peach, yellow, pink.
They add light and heat. For rooms where there is always a lot of sunlight, you can choose blue, green, gray patterns. When sticking canvas with bright patterns, the colors of the pattern should not contradict the overall color scheme of the interior.
3d Wallpaper design can be glued to the ceiling. In this case, webs with fluorescent pigments, forming a pattern of the starry sky, the northern lights. With artificial lighting, such pictures will glow beautifully. The ceiling with wallpaper imitating a starry sky can be seen in the photo.
Why use 3D wallpaper for walls?
3D wallpaper images for walls appear as if they’re "pushing" the walls, giving the space depth, which makes it easy to hide the shortcomings of the layout. With the help of 3D murals, you can visually enlarge the room, expand a narrow corridor or raise a low ceiling.
Beautiful 3D wallpaper for living room walls will become the central element of design in a spacious hall and in a typical hallway where you can often find no space for the smallest furniture or complex design ideas.
Unlike conventional wallpapers, they became so popular a few years ago. They let you, not only decorate the room, but also create the illusion of the reality of the image depicted on them.
However, there are drawbacks and limitations in the use of 3D wallpapers. For instance, the volume effect is better seen from a certain distance; it’s difficult to achieve such an effect in small rooms.
Large or vivid murals, as shown in the attached photos on our website, can quickly get boring. Also, a prolonged perception of volumetric murals can lead to fatigue or increased excitability.
In addition, the use of expensive paints and cloths in the production increases the price of 3D wallpapers. The cost of 1 m2 3D wallpaper mural exceeds the cost of conventional wallpapers by 2-3 times.
When making customized canvases, there’s a possibility that when applied to a wall, the pattern will not coincide with the one conceived. The lighting features of the room can slightly modify the volume of 3D wallpaper murals.
How to apply 3D wallpaper on the living room wall
- Before starting work, it’s necessary to prepare the surface of the walls and remove the old coating. Then it’s necessary to fill in the dents and remove the bulges with sandpaper and apply a primer for good adhesion. For the label, you can use the same adhesive as for vinyl.
- Glue the linen to the back and try not to deviate from the measurements. To avoid inconsistency, before gluing it’s necessary to make up the whole mural on the floor. Then with the help of a level, it’s necessary to draw vertical lines in the place of docking. The slightest deviation will violate the 3D effect.
- Work should be at a temperature of + 20-25 degrees in the room. It’s advisable to observe it within a day after gluing.
How to take care of 3d wallpaper murals
3D wallpapers don’t require much caring. You can simply wash it with a damp cloth using mild detergents or a soap solution.
Special means are suitable for this kind of cleaning. At home, you can make this solution yourself by following the instructions below:
- take 1 liter of water at room temperature.
- add 25-30 g of soda.
- mix and moisten the sponge.
If you’re using heating appliances, you should place them not less than 20 cm away from the walls covered 3D murals and canvases. Create a unique design for rooms using the help of modern 3D wallpapers. The use of modern materials ensures the durability of coating and unpretentious operations.